Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dripping Faucet


The house that my husband was raised in is located right next to our present home. We live on a family farm and Randall's mother lived alone in that home for 30 years. Randall's father died when Randall was just 6 years old. The brick house still stands and occasionally plays host to visiting family members. However, to be honest, it has become a wonderful refuge for Justin's theology books and my out-of-season clothes.

In the back of the house are two bedrooms with a restroom adjoining them. Justin took this particular picture of the old facuet in that restroom. I laughed when I first saw this picture because this particular facuet has caused me so much frustation and irratation. It appears that Justin has turned on the water and his lens, with the help of shutter spead, has captured the water dripping. The fact is that the water never stops dripping. It has a continual drip. No amount of pressure applied stops the drip. As if the noise of the drip isn't bad enough, the basin is ruined from the stain from the dripping. (Remember ... farm... well water.. rust... yuck). I can be in one of the bedrooms and I can hear it. I can be walking down the hallway toward the bedrooms and I can hear it. Heck, I can hear it just looking at that picture!! That water dripping is one naggin' irratation to me.

While writing this, I asked Randall if I "nagged" him. He actually looked at me like I was crazy, which was a good thing. "Of course, you don't nag me!" I felt a sigh of relief within me. I don't want to be a nag.

Maybe I won't "nag" Randall about un-tucking the sheets on his side of the bed tonight. Each morning I make up our bed and ever so tightly tuck the sheets at the foot of the bed. However, at night Randall untucks the sheets with "proclamation" when he gets in our bed. I like my sheets tucked.. He likes his un-tucked. He stands at the foot of our bed and proudly "un-tucks" his side of the bed as I am laying there as if to say.. "ugh huh!" Oh my gosh!!! I'm NOT the nagger.. he is!!! Drip.. Drip.. Drip...

A nagging spouse is like the drip, drip, drip of a leaky faucet; You can't turn it off, and you can't get away from it. Proverbs 27:15

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I could hear that drip, drip as I read the blog. This was good.

    ReplyDelete