Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shame...


Randall and I have four grandchildren... Grace, Cady, Jacob and Ruby. These precious little door-steps are the off-spring of Randall's son, James. James and his wife Robyn live on the other side of the world, California. When I first saw this picture taken by Justin, it instantly grabbed my heart. I don't mean a Fred Sanford.."It's the big one"... type tug to the heart. It was more like a Timmy and Lassie moment.
I honestly don't even know what the little fellow, Jacob, had done. But it must have been something worthy of his parents rebuke for Jacob had found his pour soul in the time out chair. I won't dwell on the sin but rather on the sinner (ouch!!). Upon close examination of this picture, one can see Jacob's head lowered. His nose peeks from under his bangs. His posture appears to be one of submission, sorrow and sadness. (My stomach is in my throat just typing this! waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!)
But do you see it? Do you really see it? Beyond the bangs and the bended knee, there was something captured that only the photographers eye could grab in that instant ... the light. It's the light that brings on the emotion. It's the light that gives hope that soon someone will rescue Jacob from his scorn. It's the light that will encourage Jacob to leave this posture of shame. It's the light that brings hope.
"You groped your way through that murk once, but no longer. You're out in the open now. The bright light of Christ makes your way plain. So no more stumbling around. Get on with it! The good, the right, the true—these are the actions appropriate for daylight hours. Figure out what will please Christ, and then do it." Ephesians 5:8 (The Message)


3 comments:

  1. My son's sweet spirit shines through his little tantrums. I am proud of the little man he is turning out to be as I train him in the Gospel... God's work is left to God alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord for the Light of His wonderful love. I love this picture, and I have spent my share of time in the Lord's Time Out Chair. Praise the Lord for His wonderful grace that totally forgives and totally restores. Truly, Lord, there is none like YOU!! Thanks for sharing sister!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is good, the photo and the thought behind it. Can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete