Sunday, February 15, 2009

Heavenly Bandit

My son, Justin is quiet the avid photographer. He took this picture of our 10 year old boston terrier about a year ago. This handsome pooch's name is Bandit and Justin call's this photo "Heavenly Bandit." The picture has been posted on www.flickr.com and has received many accolades.
It does have a angelic aspect don't you think?? I've written about Palin, the sweetest dog I had ever had but I can't forget about Bandit. He has been around long enough that I truly feel he should be considered a tax deduction. He is a member of the Tippins Family. We have had him since he was a mere 6 weeks old. He is getting older and as he gets older a certain streak of stubbornness has become visible. I have heard certain "older folk" say they have earned the right to say what they want to say (aka.. bossy, rude) just because they have reached their golden years. I think Bandit has that same kind of attitude.
A couple of months ago, Justin tried to "love on" Bandit.. you know, flop on him, pet him.. dog.. man...best friend bonding type moment. Get the picture.. it's after midnight. Bandit's bedtime is 8pm. He has entered his REM SLEEP STAGE. Bandit is a DOG. He is 70 years old, by human standards.. and he is a fiesty 70 year old! The picture on the right was also taken by Justin.. I like to call it.. "What Were You Thinking Justin!!??" After a trip to the hospital (they didn't suggest stitches) and to the church (we have the greatest first aid kit!!), things were quiet between Justin and Bandit. Bandit knew he had done wrong... Justin knew he had done wrong (he didn't admit it, but I know he did!!) But forgiveness was on the horizon.
38-42"Here's another old saying that deserves a second look: 'Eye for eye, tooth for tooth.' Is that going to get us anywhere? Here's what I propose: 'Don't hit back at all.' If someone strikes you, stand there and take it. If someone drags you into court and sues for the shirt off your back, giftwrap your best coat and make a present of it. And if someone takes unfair advantage of you, use the occasion to practice the servant life. No more tit-for-tat stuff. Live generously. Matt. 5:38-42 The Message


1 comment:

  1. I am responding to your message on TCBOTB and your site is cute! I especially like the content...

    ReplyDelete